Sunday, September 1, 2013

Wrapping up the First Week!

My first week here is coming to a close, and I have to admit that much of it has been a blur. The time has gone by extremely fast and every moment being here feels like a dream. I have finally gotten used to the time change and am getting familiar with my whereabouts. In the past few days we've had several tours around the city, orientation meetings and some fun outings. We learned how to make pasta from scratch and tiramisu at a cooking school here, and it was delicious! We made a basic tomato sauce and ragu blanca, which is a while sauce with hamburg and vegetables.



I also got my museum card and went to the Palazzo Medici and the Palazzo Piti with some friends, it was gorgeous! Definitely one of my favorite places so far.. The views of the city are breathtaking.


Medici Palace

Ceiling Fresco in the Medici Palace

Panoramic view of the courtyard


From the Boboli Gardens at the Palazzo Piti



Classes start tomorrow! Can't wait! Ciao!




No comments:

Post a Comment